[rabbitmq-discuss] Home node of durable queue is down or inaccessible

joshua__lim joshua__lim at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 16 11:00:33 GMT 2013

Here's a update to my initial email.  I found out that ha has a different
configuration from clustering from this article -
http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2013-June/028151.html

So I ran the following command on both nodes:

rabbitmqctl set_policy ha-all ".*" "{""ha-mode"":""all""}"
..done.

Under the management plugin web-UI for both nodes, I'm able to see:

Virtual Host	Name	Pattern	Apply to	Definition	Priority
/	ha-all  .*	all	ha-mode:	all           0

Nevertheless, I'm still getting the same queue is down error when I removed
joshua at existing-machine:

=ERROR REPORT==== 16-Dec-2013::18:53:24 ===
connection <0.757.0>, channel 1 - soft error:
{amqp_error,not_found,
            "home node 'rabbit at existing-machine' of durable queue 'queue01'
in vhost '/' is down or inaccessible",
            'queue.declare'}

=ERROR REPORT==== 16-Dec-2013::18:53:24 ===
STOMP error frame sent:
Message: not_found
Detail: "NOT_FOUND - home node 'rabbit at existing-machine' of durable queue
'queue01' in vhost '/' is down or inaccessible\n"
Server private detail: none

btw, would there be by any chance a "auto-configuration" for policy ha using
the RabbitMQ configuration file?