[rabbitmq-discuss] Best way to ping server from client

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 17:49:55 GMT 2013

Hi James,

I've thought about implementing some of the hearbeats exposed by
RabbitMQ but is not so easy considering PHP's single thread view of
the world. I could try to approximate timeouts for example, but not
sure about what errors that could bring.

As a complete hack and trying to answer your question, there's the
access_request method which in RabbitMQ won't do much: See
https://github.com/videlalvaro/php-amqplib/blob/master/PhpAmqpLib/Channel/AMQPChannel.php#L233
and http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/file/3e9ad0a5795e/src/rabbit_channel.erl#l646

Regards,

Alvaro