[rabbitmq-discuss] Option/Extension to insert a message into a queue at certain intervals.

Wayne Brantley wayne.brantley at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 04:28:08 GMT 2013

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Michael Klishin <mklishin at gopivotal.com>wrote:

> two

Michael,
   Yes and no.   They are the same feature.  Scheduled publishing is the
feature.  Just one of the 'options' when scheduling the publishing of a
message is whether it should push a new message when the message it is
pushing is still waiting in the queue.  (This is futher expanded by a
'maximum number of pending messages' it should publish.

For example, if you wanted it to put a message in every X seconds.
   if no consumers were processing at this moment - the queue would grow
quickly...and I might want to limit it to "do not push message if more than
X of the type of message we are scheduling" is in the queue.

So, this is one in the same feature - just with the 'max messages'
option...this plug-in would be a BIG win for lots of people.