[rabbitmq-discuss] message persistence and file store

PATAR, SAGAR sp345s at att.com
Wed Dec 4 16:06:28 GMT 2013

We have a topic exchange and have 3 binding's to 3 durable queues ... Just wanted to understand if there will be 3 copies of messages meaning  3 times the size of the message is getting stored on the disk ??

Also does rabbitmq use file storage on the disk to store the message?? Where can we change the storage size of the file store etc.. ??

Also does copying this file store across similar configured nodes help to show/consume the messages stuck in the file store on the new node ...(in case we don't want to use federation plugin and just want to transfer the file stores to our failover env. .. will the rabbitmq able to start off using the copied filestore ??)

Thanks for all the support..
Sagar