[rabbitmq-discuss] How to receive STOMP receipt only after the consumer has acknowledged the message?

Michael Justin michael.justin at gmx.net
Fri Aug 16 08:41:40 BST 2013

 > I'm trying to figure out if it is possible for the receipt to be sent
by the
 > broker only after the recipient has acknowledged the message?

A different approach could be request / response style communication
using temporary queues. They exist only for the duration of a connection
and can be used to send the "success" message or any other response from
the other side to the client. RabbitMQ STOMP supports temporary queues.
I am using them in a Delphi STOMP client library.

See https://www.rabbitmq.com/stomp.html

Section "Temp Queue Destinations"

Michael