[rabbitmq-discuss] Management API and Access control.

Chris Nicel Chris.Nicel at 15below.com
Thu Aug 15 09:19:20 BST 2013

Hi All,

I am looking for some clarification on the access control tags.

We are attempting to use a powershell script to add vhosts and users to our rabbitmq cluster. This is successful when the user is an administrator. As the password needs to be in many different configuration files for the automated deployment we would prefer not to use an administrator user. Is this possible? We have attempted with a user under the management tag to no avail.

Further detail:

We use vhosts to logically separate traffic which is for different customers. Each customers services are configured to use a different username which only has access to their vhost. The automated deployment of a new customer includes creation of the vhost and username. We are migrating customers to a newly created cluster of three nodes. Previous usage has been on a single windows rabbitmq box and vhosts created via the rabbitmqctl command line tool.

Cheers

Chris Nicel
Senior Systems Engineer
15below ltd : 15below Australia pty. ltd.

t:        +44 1273 764230
e:       chris.nicel at 15below.com<mailto:chris.nicel at 15below.com>
w:      15below.com<http://www.15below.com/>
[cid:image001.png at 01CE9998.86396470]       @15below_travel<https://twitter.com/#!/15below_travel>

15below Limited: Company registered in England and Wales No 3945289
Registered Office: Lyndean House, 43-46 Queens Road, Brighton BN1 3XB, United Kingdom

15below Australia Pty Limited: ABN 25 132 716 379
Level 21, Tower 2 Darling Park, 201 Sussex Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia

Please think about the environment before printing this email.

This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or legally privileged and are solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender. Any views or opinions expressed within this e-mail are solely those of the sender, and do not necessarily represent those of 15below unless otherwise specifically stated. Although 15below has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been checked for viruses, it is strongly recommended that you carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment, as we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software virus infection.