[rabbitmq-discuss] Throughput observation with RabbitMQ-3.1.3 and Erlang R16B01 - Single Node and Cluster Node

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Thu Aug 1 20:14:51 BST 2013

Priyanki Vashi:

> So from this it feels that maximum capacity of a single node of type DISK is limited to 5000 msg/sec when publisher confirm and consumer ack is enabled in this version. I thought main reason for this could be server latency. Is it correct understanding or I am missing something here to consider ?

If you say your producer maxes out one core, you are limited by Pika's throughput (for which 5K/s
from a single process sounds about right).

Try with a multi-threaded Java producer (allowing the JVM use as many
cores as you have publishing threads is a good idea) or multiple Pika producer processes.
--
MK