[rabbitmq-discuss] Federated Cluster Issue

Richard Raseley richard at raseley.com
Thu Apr 25 18:45:18 BST 2013

I've managed to workaround the second issue I encountered but am not sure
why what I did was required. Once I modified the pattern (as you suggested)
the links came up, attempted to start several times and then sat in a
"shutdown" mode.

The error was telling me that the user I had specified (not sure if in the
URI or the "local username") didn't have access to a
"federation:queue_name" where "queue_name" was one of the queues attached
to the exchange I was federating. Granting that user the .* Configure
permission. Is this permission strictly required when federating a link? If
so - I should consider using a username that is different than the one that
producers and consumers use so that I don't grant them more permissions
than appropriate (as we don't allow dynamic queue creation, etc.).

Regards,

Richard