[rabbitmq-discuss] Freely licensed specs

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Apr 25 12:21:12 BST 2013

Quoting Simon MacMullen (2013-04-25 11:56:21)
> On 24/04/13 18:27, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > As I wrote in my P.S. I believe to have those specs prepared for you
> > already - just needs proof-reading and formal hand-over (from your
> > side only: I need no credit, but your license doesn't allow my
> > editing so you need to permit me that explicitly, I believe).
>
> If you don't mind sending me what you've got that would be handy.

Done now (as private mail).  Hope they are of some use.

> > Even if not so serious after all, still relevant for my needs: The
> > Perl module [AnyEvent::RabbitMQ] ships with your published XML.  I
> > will get in touch with the author and suggest using your JSON
> > instead...
>
> It's probably easier for them to wait for a DFSG-free XML than change
> to JSON.

Agreed.  I thought the same after I posted my previous mail, so have
hesitated till now getting in touch with them.

> We should get one sorted out in a week or so (hands are full with
> getting 3.1.0 out though so it might not be immediate since packages
> aren't on the verge of being ejected from Debian...)

Makes sense.  Thanks for (eventually) looking into this.

NB! I'll unsubscribe from this list now - would be great if you cc me on
further progress on this.

Regards,

 - Jonas