[rabbitmq-discuss] Running RabbitMQ as a different user

Subramanian, Menita menita.subramanian at hp.com
Tue Apr 9 23:38:21 BST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to run the rabbitmqctl script to create new user and set-user-tag. I have the commands declared in a bash script file that takes a username and password as parameters. I updates the sudoers file and allowed the webapplication to run the script as root. But that did not work. I have very limited knowledge of Rabbitmq setup and configuration.

Here is the error I see on the output file when I run the script that creates the user...

Kernel pid terminated (application_controller) ({application_start_failure,kernel,{{shutdown,{failed_to_start_child,net_sup,{shutdown,{failed_to_start_child,auth,{"Failed to create cookie file '/ci/

The error message at the end appears incomplete in my text output...not sure why.

Regards,

Menita