[rabbitmq-discuss] Simple C Client to read from a Queue

Sajith Kariyawasam sajhak at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 11:39:11 BST 2012

Hi all,

My requirement is to read a message from an AMQP based broker queue, using
a C Client.

I tested the samples found in
https://github.com/alanxz/rabbitmq-c<http://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Falanxz%2Frabbitmq-c&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEMwRO8OLSNeNdnSc0ZrkktMhO50A>,
there I'm more interested in amqp_listenq.c programme.

But my requirement is to run this client periodically, should not
continuously listen to the message queue (as in this example). I need to
read just a simple message and out put the text content of that message.

How can I do that using C code? Since I'm having a very little experience
with C, it would be very helpful if I can get a sample.

Thanks
Sajith

--
Best Regards