[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ, Even Tracking, Rails

Mark static.void.dev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 18:55:09 BST 2012

I've been looking into RabbitMQ as a possible event/logging tracking system for use with our Rails application. Surprisingly there doesn't seem to be much information/testimonials on using RabbitMQ with Rails so I was hoping to hear some advice from others who may have traveled down this path. Could you explain your use case?

There appears to be 2 players in the ruby amqp space, ruby-amqp/amqp  (asynchronous) and ruby-amqp/bunny (synchronous).  Do people typically choose one over the other and what would be the reasons for choosing?

Thanks