[rabbitmq-discuss] How to structure Master with many slaves? RPC??

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 24 10:33:34 BST 2012

Hi,

On 24/10/12 00:58, theBuckWheat wrote:
> The reason that I need to control task assignment to slaves is that
> different slaves have different capabilities as well as availability.  The
> task run parameters are set according to which slave they are assigned to,
> and I need to be able to remove a slave from the pool at any time.

If only slaves with a certain capability are able to process a subset of
tasks then you could create a queue for each kind of task. Slaves can
subscribe to the appropriate queue based on their capability. Tasks
should be routed to the correct queue based on the required processing
capability. This way you achieve better decoupling between message
producers and consumers.

-Emile