[rabbitmq-discuss] How to structure Master with many slaves? RPC??

theBuckWheat tbw at rg6.org
Wed Oct 24 00:58:12 BST 2012

Emile--

Q: Is there any reason why a common reply queue for completed work from all
slaves can't work?

A common reply queue could work in this case.

The reason that I need to control task assignment to slaves is that
different slaves have different capabilities as well as availability.  The
task run parameters are set according to which slave they are assigned to,
and I need to be able to remove a slave from the pool at any time.

Does that help?

--tBW