[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP plugin - durable subscription limitation

Michael Justin michael.justin at gmx.net
Tue Oct 23 09:27:40 BST 2012

Am 22.10.2012 11:49, Emile Joubert wrote:> Hi Michael,

 > On 21/10/12 09:32, Michael Justin wrote:
 >> So I understand with the frames shown, the clients would use the same
 >> shared queue.
 >>
 >> Does this mean that all waiting messages in the topic will be
 >> distributed between the two clients because of the identical
 >> subscription ID x destination?
 >
 > Yes, this is correct. Both clients will be consuming from the same queue
 > and messages will be distributed between them. You can use the prefetch
 > header to control the distribution:
 >
 > http://www.rabbitmq.com/stomp.html#pear.p

This is interesting - so the behavior of the broker is not undefined,
and clients could implement load balancing with durable subscribers if
they all use the same subscription ID (instead of using STOMP queues),
is this correct (just curious)?

--
Michael Justin