[rabbitmq-discuss] Nightlies now available - help us test RabbitMQ 3.0

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Sun Oct 21 09:00:04 BST 2012

On 20/10/2012 2:45AM, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> Since you're talking about new features, how about a request? Since
> you're making federation config dynamic, how about configuration changes
> for shovel without having to restart the broker too?

That's the obvious next step, yes :)

> And a bigger request? A counter for the number of messages that have
> passed through a queue? :)

I'm not sure that's a bigger request, but again, yes, it's in the backlog.

> Will cowboy make it's way in as a replacement for mochiweb? Have you
> guys seen any improvement in performance with it?

Maybe. cowboy's already in 3.0 for web-stomp, and the idea that RabbitMQ
contains two web servers is a bit silly. But this might be more of an
"if it ain't broke" type of thing. And we haven't really tested
performance - it's not obvious how web-stomp and management performance
could be compared ;-)

But I don't think any of this stuff will happen for 3.0 specifically, we
just want to get that out...

Cheers, Simon