[rabbitmq-discuss] Proper protocol for dealing with crash dumps?

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Oct 8 23:02:16 BST 2012

Alex,

On 08/10/12 22:55, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 10:06:48PM +0100, Matthias Radestock wrote: I
> have not checked the remote rabbit instance (yet).

Please do.

> If/when I succeed in logging into one of these stuck devices, are
> there any pertinent commands I should run?

Not that I can think of. But please do check the logs for any abnormalities.

> Should I set prefetch_count?

Sorry, bad grammar on my part was obscuring the point there. Yes, you
should.

> The queue in this case is durable, and messages should be delivered
> to the local queue with delivery_mode = 2.

W/o a prefetch_count the messages won't stay in the local queue; they
will be sent to the shovel, where, if the outbound connect is stuck,
they will sit in memory.

Regards,

Matthias.