[rabbitmq-discuss] .erlang.cookie wont change for clustering

Orion Fillmore orionfillmore at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 15:32:51 BST 2012

Hello,

I am trying to get clustering set up for some rabbit mq servers.  I changed
the .erlang.cookie file on my slave to match the .erlang.cookie file on my
master.   I restarted rabbitmq...even tried a total system reboot, but when
i do this:

 rabbitmq-server -detached

I get this
Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
0 plugins activated:

node with name "rabbit" already running on "ip-xx-xx-xxx-xxx"
diagnostics:
- nodes and their ports on ip-xx-xx-xxx-xxx: [{rabbit,52647},

{rabbitmqprelaunch13762,39547}]
- current node: 'rabbitmqprelaunch13762 at ip-xx-xx-xxx-xxx
- current node home dir: /var/lib/rabbitmq
- current node cookie hash: z+T5xm6diKG0nxAxdGqbVA==

But that is the old cookie hash, not the new one and I cannot get the
clustering to work as a result.  Any ideas what I am doing wrong and/or
need to do?

Thanks in advance everyone!