[rabbitmq-discuss] PossibleAuthenticationFailureException intermittent

m.luchak at smartasking.com m.luchak at smartasking.com
Mon Oct 8 20:17:03 BST 2012

Hi All,

I have an intermittent error, PossibleAuthenticationFailureException,  when restablishing connections to rabbit (2.8.6). This only occurs when I am testing a client connected on 3G and reconnect after I receive a shutdownexception (heartbeat).    Again, only "sometimes"...

It can't be a basic user/password fail as it only occurs @ 1 in 25 times on reconnect.

Is there a config on the server that limits the number of connectons per client that could give this error?  Perhaps a connection lingering on the server?

Any other hints or pointers?

thanks all,
Matthew