[rabbitmq-discuss] some basic management questions

Jerry Kuch jerryk at rbcon.com
Thu May 24 23:48:51 BST 2012

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding you because I'm gooned on cold medicine.

Have you tried specifying what queueinfoitem values you want, i.e.
something like:

[jerryk at CoachZ ~]$ sudo rabbitmqctl list_queues name messages_ready
messages_unacknowledged messages consumers
Listing queues ...
queuebar    0    0    0    0
queuefoo    0    0    0    0
queuebaz    0    0    0    0

If you look at the output of `rabbitmqctl help` you'll see the various
fields you can ask for when listing queues, exchanges, bindings, etc.

Also the HTTP management API is a rich source of such data if you're
writing monitoring or analysis kit.  It requires you only to make web
service-ish requests of it, and be able to crack the relatively readable
JSON it gives back...

Best regards,
Jerry