[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ with djcelery and rabbitmqctl list_queues

Matt Black matt.black at jbadigital.com
Tue May 15 00:44:39 BST 2012

Hello,

My application is currently receiving a lot of traffic, and generating a
lot of celery processes. I can see these in my application logs as events
are occurring.

When I run *rabbitmqctl list_queues* I would expect this to show a number
other than zero - but this not the case. I've now stopped any incoming
connections to the rabbit server and still the application log is busy with
celery tasks.

Can someone suggest why rabbitmqctl lists nothing in the queue? What
alternate approaches do I have for monitoring the task load on this server?

> sudo rabbitmqctl list_queues name messages_ready messages_unacknowledged
messages consumersListing queues ...
celery  0       0       0       0
...done.

Thanks