[rabbitmq-discuss] Error when installing Erlang: requires: libodbc.so.1() (64bit)

fanchyna fanchyna at gmail.com
Thu May 10 21:44:40 BST 2012

Hi, I have encountered an error when I attempted to installed rabbitmq
on my RHEL 6 x86 system. The error message is

Error: Package: erlang-R12B-5.10.el5.x86_64 (epel)
           Requires: libodbc.so.1()(64bit)
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

I have installed the most recent version of EPEL:

epel-release-6-6.noarch

But I cannot find libodbc.so.1() from yum or the rpm repository
online. Can any one advise me what to do?