[rabbitmq-discuss] SSL Certificate Error

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue May 8 15:33:05 BST 2012

Hi James,

On 08/05/12 14:54, james.poole at rsa.com wrote:
> In case anyone runs into a similar issue, we found that our certificate
> had a subject length of over 64 characters.  This length limit seems
> like it is not part of the actual standard (LDAP doesn’t enforce it),
> but in any case, shortening the subject fixed the issue.

Thanks for getting back to the list with your solution. Was subject
length really the only difference between a working and non-working
(ecertfile error) certificate? The chances of that seem somewhat remote.
Out of interest, were you been able to confirm your hypothesis with more
than one set of certificates that differ in subject length alone?

-Emile