[rabbitmq-discuss] log process

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed May 2 13:24:29 BST 2012

Andrea,

On 02/05/12 11:58, Rosa, Andrea (HP Cloud Services) wrote:
>> Are you saying the .log file was empty?
>

> Sorry I didn't explain this thing very well. According to the
> timestamp in the log, the last entry was 5 days old and it was really
> strange and unlikely as the system produces a lot of log entries
> every day. I am thinking about some failure in the log rotate as the
> last entry in the log was:
>
>> INFO REPORT==== 15-Apr-2012::06:30:37 === Rotating logs with suffix
>> ''

Where was that entry? In the .log.1 file or the .log file? If it was in
the former then that is expected, i.e. it's the last thing written
before the log is rotated.

The current log entries should always go into the .log file. Hence my
question whether that file was empty, or perhaps did not exist at all.

Matthias.