[rabbitmq-discuss] log process

Rosa, Andrea (HP Cloud Services) andrea.rosa at hp.com
Wed May 2 11:58:12 BST 2012

Hi Matthias

Thanks for your reply.

>That looks fine - it's the default logrotate configuration we ship :)

That's fine

>> Rabbitmq didn't produce log files for 5 days, from the .log.1 to .log
>> file there is a gap of 5 days
>
>That is normal; with the given config the logs will be rotated weekly.
>> The server was running during this gap and it's impossible not to
>> have log entries in the log file as our system was running and
>> producing entries.
>
>Are you saying the .log file was empty?

Sorry I didn't explain this thing very well.
According to the timestamp in the log, the last entry was 5 days old and it was really strange and unlikely as the system produces a lot of log entries every day.
I am thinking about some failure in the log rotate as the last entry in the log was:

>INFO REPORT==== 15-Apr-2012::06:30:37 === Rotating logs with suffix ''

Regards
--
Andrea