[rabbitmq-discuss] Firehose Tracer

Brendan Hay brendan at soundcloud.com
Sat Mar 31 13:27:10 BST 2012

Yo,

I'm currently investigating the feasibility of storing/journaling a stream
of events that is delivered via rabbit. The firehose tracer would be ideal
for this, but it has a big fat disclaimer about performance implications.

I'm aware of projects like the riak-exchange, but ideally I want to apply
the same logic (journalling) to every single message passing through
rabbit, without having to make clients aware-of/declare yet another
exchange type. Transparency is king.

Would there be any other avenues (custom exchanges etc.) worth
investigating, or potential improvements that could be made to the firehose
feature itself?

Cheers,
Brendan