[rabbitmq-discuss] Testing Shovel on a WAN

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 30 16:13:14 BST 2012

On 30/03/12 15:50, MELIQUE Denis (MORPHO) wrote:
> - set a two node cluster on local end
> - Have the Shovel plug-In configured on both nodes
>    Each node has its one Shovel setting, with similar parameters except "sources [broker..]" and "destinations [broker...]",
>    That are specific to the node.

Ah, right.

So the shovel does not handle clusters specially at all; if you
configure the shovel on two cluster nodes you will get two shovels
running in parallel. Each message will go through one shovel or the
other, but the order will get mixed up.

Federation is different; in a cluster each federation link will only
exist once. I wonder if the shovel should be more like federation in
this regard...

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen