[rabbitmq-discuss] .NET rabbit heartbeat to keep connections alive

Puru Belagali puru.belagali at gazprom-mt.com
Wed Mar 28 14:52:46 BST 2012

Hi All,

We are having an issue at the moment to keep connections alive between the Rabbit Client and Server across 2 different sites with a firewall/load balancer inbetween.
The Fire wall/Load balancer has an ldle timer of 1 hr after which it closes the underlying tcp connection if the channel is inactive for over an hour.
This is causing problems especially when the Client has a subscriber listening for messages from a rabbit server behind the firewall.

We added the connFactory.RequestedHeartbeat = 10; and tested this but the connection just seems to close after 10 seconds. It doesn’t seem to work. I don’t know if that’s something else needs to be enabled ?

Your help is must appreciated.

Thankyou,
Puru