[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 2.8.0 Clustering Problem

Reza Lotun rlotun at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 22:24:53 BST 2012

Hi all,

I'm using RMQ 2.8.0 and am trying to create a cluster between two (disk)
nodes rabbit1 and rabbit2.

I'm getting the error "Error: {no_running_cluster_nodes,[rabbit at rabbit1
],[rabbit at rabbit1]}".

I can telnet to rabbit1 5672 from rabbit2 and vice-versa from rabbit2, and
I can do a rabbitmqctl -n rabbit1 status for rabbit2 and vice-versa as well
(so I think the cookie works). The one difference is that both RMQ servers
are running within a chroot env, due to requirements in my deployment
environment.

I've followed all the instructions on the clustering documentations (i.e.
stop_app, reset, cluster, start_app). Any ideas?

Thanks,
Reza

--
Reza Lotun