[rabbitmq-discuss] Enable Plugins via Config

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Mon Mar 26 16:05:25 BST 2012

Hi, just spotted this.

> This would allow us to distribute it pre-configured.

If you want to pre-configure, since you have the
RABBITMQ_ENABLED_PLUGINS_FILE environment variable and can run
rabbitmq-plugins without starting the broker, the 'safe' way to do this
would seem to be to run 'rabbitmq-plugins enable' as you wish, and copy
the enabled plugins file so generated.

This is likely to work even if we 'completely and utterly improve up'
the format of the file in a future release.

Steve Powell  (a nosy bunny)
----------some more definitions from the SPD----------
chinchilla (n.) Cooling device for the lower jaw.
socialcast (n.) Someone to whom everyone is speaking but nobody likes.
literacy (n.) A textually transmitted disease usually contracted in childhood.