[rabbitmq-discuss] Monitor memory and cpu usage of RabbitMQ message broker

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Mar 20 10:46:30 GMT 2012

On 20/03/12 10:30, ajan wrote:
> Are there any tools to monitor the memory and cpu usage of rabbitmq
> message broker. For java process we have yourkit. Are there any such
> tools for Erlang that I can use to monitor the message broker service.

The management plugin will report on memory use, but not CPU use. I
would always assume if you wanted to monitor CPU use on a Rabbit node
you'd use an external tool like Nagios anyway.

I note that yourkit is actually a *profiler*. If you want to *profile*
RabbitMQ then Erlang has some profiling capabilities (albeit not shiny
polished GUIs). But is that what you want? I would view profiling
RabbitMQ as more my problem than yours :-)

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware