[rabbitmq-discuss] Federated exchange slowdown

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Mar 19 11:25:50 GMT 2012

Hmm. Well, this *should* be very simple - the federation plugin is a bit
tricky in terms of how it gets everything set up, but once the link is
up it really just consumes and republishes the messages.

Assuming you have an even slightly fast network link I can't imagine why
either federation queue would end up with messages backing up.

So assuming you are not network bound we could start by figuring out
what is stopping the messages getting delivered immediately. If the
prefetch count is 100, does that mean the queue is showing 100 messages
unacked (i.e. the delay is happening because the federated exchange is
not consuming fast enough), or fewer (i.e. the broker is just not
delivering the messages for some reason)?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware