[rabbitmq-discuss] Issue with running two RabbitMQ servers on one machine

Brian Jing brian.newsgroup at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 00:26:48 GMT 2012

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply! So I guess we'll have to stick with Erlang R13B03
until we've completely made the transition to Rabbit 2.7.1.

I just had a look at the logs, you are right, the ssl port is not being
listened. What could be wrong here. Is there anything I need to do to
enable SSL when building it?

Here is the config file for rabbit 2.7.1. The 1.8.0 config file sits in the
same directory with the same content(except the port) but with a different
name.

[
    {rabbit, [
        {ssl_listeners, [{"0.0.0.0",4445}]},
        {ssl_options, [
            {cacertfile,"/etc/rabbitmq/certs/testca/cacert.pem"},
            {certfile,"/etc/rabbitmq/certs/server/cert.pem"},
            {keyfile,"/etc/rabbitmq/certs/server/key.pem"},
            {verify, verify_peer},
            {fail_if_no_peer_cert, false}
        ]}

    ]}
].

When I start rabbit 2.7.1, I only see it starts to listen to the non-ssl
port as follows:

=INFO REPORT==== 14-Mar-2012::11:05:06 ===
Limiting to approx 924 file handles (829 sockets)

=INFO REPORT==== 14-Mar-2012::11:05:06 ===
Memory limit set to 1304MB of 3260MB total.

=INFO REPORT==== 14-Mar-2012::11:05:06 ===
msg_store_transient: using rabbit_msg_store_ets_index to provide index

=INFO REPORT==== 14-Mar-2012::11:05:07 ===
msg_store_persistent: using rabbit_msg_store_ets_index to provide index

=WARNING REPORT==== 14-Mar-2012::11:05:07 ===
msg_store_persistent: rebuilding indices from scratch

=INFO REPORT==== 14-Mar-2012::11:05:07 ===
started TCP Listener on [::]:4446

Cheers,

Brian