[rabbitmq-discuss] Issue with running two RabbitMQ servers on one machine

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Mar 13 11:53:08 GMT 2012

On 13/03/12 03:21, Brian Jing wrote:
> The problem is that although I have SSL configured for 2.7.1, only
> non-SSl connections currently work. For any SSL connections, I get a
> "connection refused" on the client side. I triple checked the SSL
> certificates and saw no problems. However, when I list the status of the
> 2.7.1 server , it says the following:

That looks like Rabbit is not even trying to listen for SSL. Do you see
something like

=INFO REPORT==== 13-Mar-2012::11:49:04 ===
started TCP Listener on [::]:5672

=INFO REPORT==== 13-Mar-2012::11:49:04 ===
started SSL Listener on [::]:5671

in the logs? Or is there an error? What does your config file look like?

> I noticed that ServerA doesn't have ssl in the "running_application"
> list. Is this why SSL doesn't work? I'm pretty sure erlang R13B03 thats
> currently running on ServerA supports SSL because rabbit 1.8.0 is using it.
>
> What are my options here? Would updating Erlang on ServerA to the latest
> version solve the problem? Would the latest Erlang be incompatible with
> rabbitmq 1.8.0? If I were to still use Erlang R13B03, what shall I do to
> make 2.7.1 work with SSL?

The SSL dependencies haven't changed much since 1.8.0. SSL support in
newer Erlang is more robust, but if it was working for you with R13B03
and 1.8.0 then it should work with R13B03 and 2.7.1.

I'm not sure, but I suspect Erlang R15B will not work with 1.8.0.
Various bits of deprecated API have been removed, and I imagine 1.8.0
used them.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen