[rabbitmq-discuss] Questions about limit alarm and report in the log file

Rosa, Andrea (HP Cloud Services) andrea.rosa at hp.com
Mon Mar 12 15:14:02 GMT 2012

Hi

I've got some questions about the limit alarms report in the log file, some entries are not clear to me.

1 this line is reported in the log files when we are close to the file handles or memory limit?:
=INFO REPORT====
Limiting to approx 3996 file handles (3594 sockets)

=INFO REPORT====
Memory limit set to 38749MB.

2 why there is this difference between the file handles and the number of sockets?

3 the following entries mean that we hit the limit for file_descriptor? Why we have a set and a clear?
=INFO REPORT====
    alarm_handler: {set,{file_descriptor_limit,[]}}

=INFO REPORT====
    alarm_handler: {clear,file_descriptor_limit}

Regards
--
Andrea