[rabbitmq-discuss] 404, "NOT_FOUND - no queue 'foo' in vhost '/'"

Soner son.dastan at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 12 10:38:31 GMT 2012

Hi,

I am running a rabbit-mq (version 2.7.1) cluster with three nodes. On
this cluster I have created a mirrored and durable queue called 'foo'
by using the browser based management console. I also have created the
related exchange and binding. When I tried to connect with my consumer
and publisher I was getting following error:
404, "NOT_FOUND - no queue 'foo' in vhost '/'"

I couldn't find any solution so I have deleted the queue and created
it again with the same setup as before. Then started the consumers
again and it worked. Somehow strange for me that recreating the queue
has helped.
It would be problematic in an production environment to recerate the
queue everytime so my question is if anybody has experienced the same
and what could be the reason?

Thanks in advance.
Soner