[rabbitmq-discuss] building SimpleAmqpClient

Eric J. Holtman eric at holtmans.com
Sat Mar 3 23:01:08 GMT 2012

On 3/2/2012 11:49 PM, Alan Antonuk wrote:
> I think you're misunderstanding how to use cmake: when I said set a
> variable I meant a cmake variable and not a shell variable.
>
> You set a cmake variable by adding a -DVARIABLE_NAME=VALUE to the command
> line.

Thanks, Alan . . . that cleared everything up.

I think I was the victim of cargo-cult programming.  While
I was wandering around in the weeds trying to get cmake to
recognize my boost 1.47 install instead of my boost 1.42 install,
I think I set some env variables.  That wasn't my problem, but
since it seemed to fix it, I figured it would fix the SimpleAmqpClient
issue as well.