No subject

Sun Jun 17 23:12:48 BST 2012

request returned a 404 error. (The time was the same on both brokers)
Previous to this moment in time, all HTTP queries were successful, and
after this moment in time, all queries were sucessful - As I said, just one
blip on each broker.

The only interesting thing we noticed in the logs was that the primary
broker's rabbit at xxx-sasl file had this little snippet about 30 seconds *
after* the hiccup occurred:

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 12-Oct-2012::15:06:47 ===
Supervisor: {<0.25499.41>, rabbit_channel_sup_sup}
Context: shutdown_error
Reason: shutdown
Offender: [{pid,<0.25503.41>},
{name,channel_sup},
{mfa,{rabbit_channel_sup,start_link,[]}},
{restart_type,temporary},
{shutdown,infinity},
{child_type,supervisor}]

I'm mostly at a loss to process what the snippet is telling me, nor can
tell if the two things are related. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

--f46d04388de9a6955004cbe53f3b

We&#39;ve hit an odd circumstance in production that we can&#39;t make head=
s or tails of. Our setup is two RabbitMQ 2.8.6 nodes running clustered with=
 all HA queues.<br><br>In front of them is a VIP managed by a keepalive ins=
tances running on the same host as the RabbitMQ nodes. Every 5 seconds the =
keepalive instance runs a custom script that queries the node local broker =
via the HTTP API,=A0 requesting the set of queues (/api/queues).<br>
P request returned a 404 error.  (The time was the same on both brokers) Pr=
evious to this moment in time, all HTTP queries were successful, and after =
this moment in time, all queries were sucessful - As I said, just one blip =
on each broker.<br>
broker&#39;s rabbit at xxx-sasl file had this little snippet about 30 seconds =
=3D=3D 12-Oct-2012::15:06:47 =3D=3D=3D<br>

     Supervisor: {&lt;0.25499.41&gt;,
                                           rabbit_channel_sup_sup}<br>
     Context:    shutdown_error<br>
     Reason:     shutdown<br>
     Offender:   [{pid,&lt;0.25503.41&gt;},<br>
                  {name,channel_sup},<br>
                  {mfa,{rabbit_channel_sup,start_link,[]}},<br>
                  {restart_type,temporary},<br>
                  {shutdown,infinity},<br>
                  {child_type,supervisor}]<br><br>I&#39;m mostly at a loss =