[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ connections blocked and not receiving simple messages

Keller, Steve SKeller at ea.com
Wed Jun 20 19:27:56 BST 2012

As I mentioned in another post, I did try this and it worked.

About the installation docs - this is a change in flow control from previous versions, that can cause the poor newbie (that is, me...) to conclude that the product doesn't work.  A simple note that you have to make sure that the disk space available must be at least as much as the RAM available, accompanied by another simple note on the default directories used, would prevent this kind of issue.  Or at least mention it in the first tutorial.  Lots of folks will install RabbitMQ following the directions exactly, and run tutorial 1, and not be able to proceed because of this.  In this day and age of cheap RAM, a system like mine, with /var at 4GB and RAM at 16 GB will not be uncommon.

I wouldn't say this if I were the only one who experienced the problem, but obviously I am not.

Thanks,
-Steve Keller