[rabbitmq-discuss] Question Regarding making plugin

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jun 18 14:08:42 BST 2012

On 18/06/2012 13:52, Ashutosh Trivedi wrote:
> Hi Tim,
> Basically I am using all these command on windows 7 through GNUWin32 (I am
> not able to understand that when you giving me the solution to make checkout
> and make all command in
> rabbitmq-public-umbrella you told that  after executing all these commands
> some output has been shown in the command prompt but in my case it give me a
> message
> C:\Users\ashutosh.trivedi\rabbitmq-public-umbrella>make checkout
> The system cannot find the path specified.
> make: Nothing to be done for `checkout'.
> What the wrong thing I am doing please help me

Ok well it 'looks' as though your Make tool isn't playing nice with some
file system path or other. The bit of the error message that states 'The
system cannot find the path specified.' seems to indicate that the path
handling in the makefile isn't happy, and I don't find this at all
surprising. GNUWin32 is not a supported build system, AFAIK.

Try running 'VERBOSE=1 make' (or 'make VERBOSE=1') to see a bit more
output, as it'd be helpful to understand *what* path isn't being picked up.

You could also try installing a Cygwin based tool chain instead, as the
makefiles *may* rely on tools that aren't present in GNUWin32, including
Python and possibly some other bits. See
http://www.rabbitmq.com/build-server.html for a list of things you'll
also definitely need on your system to build from source, including
openssl.

> I am writing my own plugin for security such that I want my own security
> system to access rabbitMq Server
> Thanks

So you're going to implement a custom security provider? Are you aware
that a badly behaving plugin can crash the entire runtime system? See
http://www.rabbitmq.com/plugin-development.html for more details.

What kind of security mechanism are you hoping to provide? Is it
authentication or authorisation that you're implementing, or both?