[rabbitmq-discuss] Looking for some specific & complete C# examples

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jul 26 11:44:52 BST 2012

Hi,

On 25/07/12 23:14, Wizaerd wrote:
> This message is dequeued, then the CorrelationID doesn't match it just
> throws it away.  Is this really the correct way to do this?  because it
> seems to me that something is indeed waiting for that response, with
> that specific CorrelationId, and it will never actually get it.  Or is
> this a misrepresentation since in reality each request would get it's
> own ReplyTo queue, so the chances of getting a message with an incorrect
> CorrelationId wouldn;t happen?

Your concern is entirely valid, but the sample code doesn't address any
other concerns and only focusses on the topic of the tutorial.

You would not expect a message with a non-matching correlation ID to be
present in a server-named queue created specifically for the reply. If
you do detect this condition then you should report the exception
because it probably indicates a serious problem.

If the reply queue is shared then a unmatched correlation is more likely
and need not be treated as an anomaly.

-Emile