[rabbitmq-discuss] Looking for some specific & complete C# examples

Wizaerd wizaerd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 23:14:14 BST 2012

I took a look, and the first thing I noticed was that this example was not
a request-reply pattern.

In another example I was pointed to:
 https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-tutorials/tree/master/dotnet
specifically in the RPCClient.cs file at line 31 is:

 BasicDeliverEventArgs ea =
                (BasicDeliverEventArgs)consumer.Queue.Dequeue();
            if (ea.BasicProperties.CorrelationId == corrId) {
                return System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetString(ea.Body);
            }

This message is dequeued, then the CorrelationID doesn't match it just
throws it away.  Is this really the correct way to do this?  because it
seems to me that something is indeed waiting for that response, with that
specific CorrelationId, and it will never actually get it.  Or is this a
misrepresentation since in reality each request would get it's own ReplyTo
queue, so the chances of getting a message with an incorrect CorrelationId
wouldn;t happen?