[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq max-publish

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jul 12 14:35:09 BST 2012

Prashanth,

On 12/07/12 14:25, Prashanth wrote:
> I have the latest erlang. R13B01.

That is *not* the latest Erlang. R15B01 is.

> Hipe is enabled.

in the rabbitmq.config, right?

> Yes, I am testing both 1 producer and 2 producers cases.

2 won't be enough. Simon ran that benchmark with something like 10.

> Yes, I have no consumer. no queue? what do you mean by no queue, if
> there is no queue, where are the messages published.

In AMQP, messages get published to an exchange. See
http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/amqp-concepts.html. If that exchange
has no (matching) bindings from queues then the messages are dropped at
the routing stage, which is what is happening in the 150kHz benchmark.

Matthias.