[rabbitmq-discuss] Clustering issue: Error: unable to connect to node rabbit at CNTD3BWEB87O: nodedown

Wood, Eric (LNG-RDU) eric.wood at lexisnexis.com
Tue Jul 10 15:08:38 BST 2012

I'm attempting to create a cluster and I have all three nodes created and running as "detached".  I copy the .erland cookie file from one of my servers to the other and restarted the service.  When I attempt to run a cluster status I get the following message:

    C:\Windows\system32>rabbitmqctl cluster_status
    Cluster status of node rabbit at CNTD3BWEB87O ...
    Error: unable to connect to node rabbit at CNTD3BWEB87O: nodedown

    DIAGNOSTICS

    nodes in question: [rabbit at CNTD3BWEB87O]

    hosts, their running nodes and ports:
    - CNTD3BWEB87O: [{rabbit,50031},{rabbitmqctl26403,50035}]

    current node details:
    - node name: rabbitmqctl26403 at CNTD3BWEB87O
    - home dir: C:\Users\mgadmin
    - cookie hash: VWZk1leRufUBRYr1dwMuJg==

Why can't the server in question CNTD3BWEB87O no longer find its own node?

Thanks, Eric