[rabbitmq-discuss] Problems installing LVC exchange

Rob Woolfson rob at bsdsoftware.co.il
Thu Jul 5 14:27:55 BST 2012

Simon,

Is the issue the number of messages that could be sent, because with a
large number of bindings I will receive a large number of messages to
the queue in a direct exchange too?

If I understand you correctly the problem is a new routing key could
match one or more messages stored, as opposed to in a direct exchange
where once it finds a match it can stop searching as it will match one
and only one message.

This is a problem if there are many potential routing keys especially
if they are segmented (not sure what to call it) x.y.z.a.b.c then
there is a lot more checking todo.  How much of a problem is this
though?

My problem is that I want to use this to track the status of a number
of different things.  With a topic style routing key I can send all
status message to a single exchange and have all process requiring to
know the status of a particular other process consume only the
relevant messages.  This is easiest with a topic exchange, anything I
do with a direct exchange will require more and possibly many more
exchanges and or parsing of complex routing keys.

--
Rob Woolfson - CTO
mobile:+972-544904157