[rabbitmq-discuss] Problems installing LVC exchange

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jul 5 13:58:49 BST 2012

Not at the moment, I think because it's not completely obvious what it
should do.

The direct-exchange case is obvious: store a last message for every
routing key that is ever published, and then look up the routing key
when a new queue is bound.

But in the topic case if we do that then we would have to check each
stored message and send it to the new queue if it matches the new
routing key. So the queue could conceptually get a whole load of
messages sent. Does this seem like a reasonable thing for it to do?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware