[rabbitmq-discuss] messages disappearing from RabbitMQ queue on cluster set-up

sanjiv.kumar.jha at accenture.com sanjiv.kumar.jha at accenture.com
Tue Jul 3 12:09:19 BST 2012

Hi,

We are using rabbitMQ version 2.7.1.
We've set up a cluster of 2 nodes having mirrored queues ("x-ha-policy", "all") on 2 different linux servers.
After posting a persistent message to node -1, we are able to see the message on both nodes - fine till this point.
When rabbitmq is stopped (using rabbitmqctl stop_app) on any of the nodes (say node - 1 is stopped), we are still able to see the message on the other node (node - 2) - again fine till this point.
But, when we restart node - 1 and stop node - 2, the messages are getting lost after this point.
Please let us know, if this is an expected behavior or if we need to do any specific setting/configuration .

Thanks.

Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.