[rabbitmq-discuss] Shovel configuration for a clustered broker with mirrored high-availability queues

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jul 3 11:48:21 BST 2012

On 29/06/12 17:18, Eric wrote:
> It's still a little odd to me that the master is responsible for
> "pulling" rather than having the upstream brokers push.

The reason we did it like this is so that the downstream can transmit
its bindings upstream, and thus we can be smart about which messages are
sent over the wire.

> If I add new
> upstream brokers, do I have to edit the master's configuration and
> restart it to consume messages from them?

Yes. Although that will change in the next release, you'll be able to
reconfigure federation without restarting.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware