[rabbitmq-discuss] Authentication Backend HTTP

eleanor evangeline.eleanor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 21:45:12 BST 2012

Ok, I solved the problem. I changed the variable ENABLED_PLUGINS_FILE in
scripts/rabbitmq-defaults. It originally pointed to the
/etc/rabbitmq/enabled_plugins, but I copied that file from /etc to the new
production rabbitmq environment and changed the path. It works now.

The rabbitmq-defaults now contains:
### next line potentially updated in package install steps
SYS_PREFIX=

## Set default values

CONFIG_FILE=${SYS_PREFIX}/etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq
LOG_BASE=${SYS_PREFIX}/var/log/rabbitmq
MNESIA_BASE=${SYS_PREFIX}/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia
ENABLED_PLUGINS_FILE=/home/user/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-server/etc/enabled_plugins

The SYS_PREFIX variable got me thinking that I should rather change that,
but the /etc nor /var directories aren't under the rabbitmq development
directory, so I didn't bother with it. But if anybody has a better solution,
please let me know.

Thansk