[rabbitmq-discuss] Is it possible that group clustering nodes shovel/federate with other group clustering nodes

Jerry Kuch jerryk at vmware.com
Wed Jan 11 16:09:32 GMT 2012

Hi, Yican:

There are very clear and friendly discussions of setting up clusters and shovel
in this book, of which a preview eBook edition is currently available (the print
book should hit the stands sometime around March):

http://www.manning.com/videla/

It does not, however, cover the Federation plugin.  For that you'll have to look
at the Rabbit web site.

The following links are from RabbitMQ's own web site:

For clustering Rabbit:  http://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html

For Federation:  http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2011/06/22/federation-plugin-preview-release/

And for Shovel:  http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-shovel/file/default/README

It might require a bit more thought about your specific application to clinch
the decision between Federation and Shovel.

Best regards,
Jerry